Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
TF-CBT is a structured, short-term, effective mental health treatment for children and adolescents who have experienced trauma such as sexual or physical abuse. As it has demonstrated success in reducing trauma symptoms in youth and improving coping mechanisms of parents, ARBEST began a statewide dissemination of the intervention in 2010, and currently offers training in TF-CBT twice a year.
- Stage 1 – Complete online TF-CBT training for mental health professionals through the Medical University of South Carolina. Modules can be accessed at any time; 10 continuing education credits are awarded at completion.
- Stage 2 – Attend ARBEST’s free, two-day Introductory TF-CBT training. After training, clinicians will be awarded 12 continuing education credits and will gain full access to the ARBEST database where they can enter assessments and monitor clients’ progress.
- Stage 3 – Complete consultation calls involving case presentations with TF-CBT experts twice a month for six months. After completing calls and requirements, trainees will be awarded up to 12 continuing education credits, receive a certificate of completion in TF-CBT, and will gain a listing in the ARBEST TF-CBT clinician directory.
More Training Opportunities
- Advanced TF-CBT Training – The free, one-day advanced training is offered once a year for mental health professionals to further explore advanced topics in TF-CBT. Clinicians must have previously attended Introductory TF-CBT to be eligible; 6 continuing education credits are awarded for attendance.
- National Certification – Though not a requirement for practice, becoming nationally certified in TF-CBT allows mental health practitioners to grow in their practice of the model and to become more trusted and accessible providers of the therapy.
- Introductory TF-CBT Training: April 18-19, 2018, UAMS, Little Rock, AR
- Advanced TF-CBT Training: April 20, 2018, UAMS, Little Rock, AR
Registration opens in January 2018. Sign up for the ARBEST mailing list to receive updates.